- The Complete Guide to the Alexander Technique: AlexanderTechnique.com
- Body Learning: The Alexander Technique Podcast (Robert Rickover): BodyLearningCast.com
- Alexander Technique Internation: alexandertechniqueinternational.com
- American Society for the Alexander Technique: www.amsatonline.org
- The Poise Project: thepoiseproject.org
THE POISE PROJECT is a nonprofit with the mission of ensuring the public has broader socioeconomic access to the principles of Alexander technique (AT) to help maintain poise and personal growth throughout all stages and challenges of life. To learn more about The Poise Project and its programs, including an international AT for Parkinson’s initiative, please go to: thepoiseproject.org.
To make a donation to The Poise Project, click here.
Suggested Reading and Videos
There are a great many Alexander Technique books and DVDs available at Alexander Technique Books (USA, Canada and the UK)
- F. M. Alexander, The Use of the Self
- Pedro de Alcantara, The Alexander Technique: A Skill for Life
- Michael Gelb, Body Learning: An Introduction to the Alexander Technique
- Deborah Caplan, Back Trouble: A New Approach to Prevention and Recovery
- Pedro de Alcantara, Indirect Procedures: A Musician’s Guide to the Alexander Technique
- Judith Kleinman and Peter Buckoke, The Alexander Technique for Musicians
- Malcolm Balk and Andrew Shields, Master the Art of Running: Raise Your Performance with the Alexander Technique
- Steven Shaw, Master the Art of Swimming: Raise Your Performance with the Alexander Technique
- British Back Pain Study
A University of Southampton study published in 2008 found that back-pain patients who studied Alexander Technique gained significant improvement.
- The British back pain study was also cited in: O, the Oprah Magazine
- For questions and answers with Paul Little, a professor of primary care at the University of Southampton and the lead author of the British back pain study, see this New York Times blog.